Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trip to Galudih

This time my destination was Galudih which is a little town situated in the state of Jharkhand. It is 277 km away from Kolkata and is a perfect place for those who want to spend their holidays in the midst of nature. There are many hotels and a resort to stay in. The best time to visit is October to April.

Phuldungri Hill
From Howrah railway station, I boarded the Ispat Express which departed at 06:55 hrs. It took nearly four hours to reach Galudih which was a wonderful place. I could see little hills far away from my hotel's balcony. There were forests of sal, teak, mahua etc. The scenery was beautiful. I spent that day in the hotel itself. The next day I visited Rankini Devi temple.





Dharagiri Water Falls
After staying in Galudih for two days I went to Ghatshila. There I saw the noted Bengali writer Bibhutibhusan Bandopadhay's house, Subarnarekha river, Dharagiri water falls, royal palace and Phuldungri hill. I also visited the Santhal village. The following day I went to Tatanagar by bus. There I saw the Dimna dam and spent the evening in Jubilee Park. There are facilities for boating and different rides like roller coaster, toy train, striking car etc. After spending the night in a hotel in Tatanagar I had lunch in a restaurant and then boarded the Ispat Express for my trip back home at 14:25 hrs. It arrived Howrah at 19:00 hrs. It was a truly memorable experience.

Jubilee Park
How to Reach :

From Howrah station, you can board the 12871 Howrah-Titlagarh Ispat Express which leaves at 06:55 hrs and reaches Galudih at around 10 o' clock. Otherwise you can board any other train which stops at Ghatshila. From there you can hire a jeep or car which will take you to Galudih.

Nearest Airport - Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata

Where to stay :

At present, there are only few hotels in Galudih.
Galudih Resort - Rs 500-1500
Kedi Palace - Rs 400-500

Places of interest :

There are many tourist spots around Galudih like Bibhuti Bhusan's house, Burudih dam, Phuldungri hill, Rajbari and Dharagiri water falls. You may also visit the tribal villages of Galudih.

For more information please contact :

Department of Tourism, Govt. of Jharkhand
F.F.P. Bhawan, 2nd floor, Dhurwa
Ranchi - 4, Jharkhand
India

No comments:

Post a Comment